Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"I hear Baltimore is nice this time of year"


MEH sent me a website, Kilduffs, dedicated to everything I love about Baltimore (which is everything). It's a collection of old photos and postcards and stories about the city that are really nice to check out if you are ever feeling homesick for the greatest city in America. Here's what Kilduff's has to offer:



Interesting architecture...
Old restaurants (My dad was so upset when we got to Baltimore and got to Hausner's and realized it was closed)...
Non-existent amusement parks (I believe parts of the original Hairspray was filmed here)...

All the branches of Enoch Pratt (the Canton one is my favorite)...
Old hotels...
Did u know that the Wyman Park Building was once a Marine Hospital (and that I guess there used to be tennis courts in front of Levering?)...
Abandoned hospitals...
Old postcards....
This is the Chesapeake Restaurant that is next to the Charles.

Cool old fire houses...
Kids hanging out...
Old diners....
CLUB CHARLES!??!? I'm not sure this is the same Club Charles we know and love but look how schmancy it was...
Choiches....
Monuments and towers...
Police buildings...
Beers that used to be brewed in the city...
And old breweries, including Pabst...
and bridges!


There's a ton of other really cool stuff on the site so please go check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home