Sunday, December 14, 2008

Don't judge a guy by his autobiography

I read Ben Franklin's autobiography last year and while I respect him for being a smart fattie (No, Anderson Cooper, we can't all be svelte like you) he was kind of douchey. Important and cool, but douchey (read the first two chapters...douchey, right? I was surprised!). He was a womanizer woman-womanizer, a cheapskate, and super mean to his brothers (even though I'm sure they deserved it, like most brothers/sisters do). That's why I think it's great that his birthplace is marked by a bust of our holy bespectacled one and a Sir Speedy (whateverthecrap that is).

He also had two slaves, according to my little sister's take-home history test which inspired this momentous Wikipedia find.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home